Friday, July 4, 2008

46. Faith

A short talk given by six-year-old Rebecca Cleverly on Sunday morning, March 29, 1981, in the Primary of the Bountiful Twentieth Ward, Bountiful Utah South Stake. She wrote her talk in her journal the same day, and it was later published in the April 1981 issue of the Family Journal. Rebecca at the time was a first grader at Bountiful Elementary.

Today I’m going to talk about faith. Faith is obeying Jesus Christ, our moms and dads, and being kind to one another.

I’m going to tell a story about Joseph Smith. Joseph Smith didn’t know which church was the true church, so he went to talk with God. God said none of the churches were right. I know that Jesus made the true church through Joseph Smith.

I want to bear you my testimony, and I know this church is true. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments: