Thursday, August 28, 2008

66. Easter

A talk given by eight-year-old Camilla in the Primary of the Bountiful Twentieth Ward on the morning of Easter Sunday, April 15, 1990. The talk was printed on the cover of the Family Journal on Monday, April 16, 1990. Camilla at the time was a second grader at Bountiful Elementary.

When Jesus was being crucified in Jerusalem, there were many things happening in America. There were floods and earthquakes and storms, and it was dark for three whole days. The people could not see the sun or light candles, and they were scared.

After three days the darkness was gone, and then they could see. They looked around and saw that many people had died.

Then they heard a voice. It was Heavenly Father. He said, “Behold my Beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased, in whom I have glorified my name—hear ye him” (3 Nephi 11:7).

And then they looked up and saw a bright light and saw a man coming down from the light. He said:

“Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world.

“And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning” (3 Nephi 11:10–11).

He showed the people his hands and his feet. He taught them many things. And he blessed the children. It was a very happy time.

I know that Jesus lives and loves us and wants us to keep His commandments. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments: